National Youth Council Applications Now Open!
Do you have a strong voice and hope to bring youth issues in Scouting to the table? Or would you like the opportunity to meet and collaborate with other young people just like you?
If this sounds like your cup of tea, you may have already considered joining the National Youth Council (NYC). Well, now is your chance because applications for 2016 are now OPEN!
As a member of the NYC, you will meet with Youth Members from every state and assist in providing recommendations and advice directly to National Committees and Councils from a youth perspective.
This opportunity will help you build confidence, professionalism and personal skills in a wide range of areas and is a chance to fight for a cause you are passionate about.
Here are some basic requirements you need to know before applying:
- You must be a registered member of Scouts Australia through your home State/Branch.
- You must be aged between 13-23 years (inclusive) at the time of your appointment (March 1)
- You must have regular, reliable computer and internet access and be able to attend and contribute to online meetings. Meetings are normally held via Go-to-meeting or Google Hangouts, and we also make extensive use of Trello, Google Drive, SurveyMonkey, and other Scouts Australia online resources. Don't worry if you've never used these before, we'll train you.
- You must be available to attend two conferences held on a weekend in March and September (the cost is covered by Scouts Australia).
- Your application will be sent to your Branch Chief Commissioner for checking and approval.
- You will also be expected to attend and contribute to meetings online as part of a Patrol, considering a range of topics and issues presented to you for input.
- It is expected that to properly represent your fellow Scouts, you set aside some time to research and find out about a topic that your Patrol is discussing, in between online meetings.
If you would like to know more, head over to the National Youth Council website.
You have until MIDNIGHT, Sunday November 15 2015 to get your applications in!