Scouts Australia NSW Position Vacant!
ScoutSafe Committee Member
The Scouts Australia NSW ScoutSafe Committee is seeking to appoint new members.
The Committee recommends actions and strategies related to risk management, health and safety on behalf of the organisation.
The functions of the ScoutSafe Committee are:
- Provide consultation and advice to the organisation concerning risk management, health and safety
- Review and, where appropriate, provide recommendations to the Chief Commissioner or the Board on policies and procedures that may affect Scouting programs, activities or facilities in relation to Work Health and Safety
- Monitor safety of program, activities and program facilities (people, equipment, training and activities)
- Review WHS systems as they apply to activities and facilities
- Receive and review Scouting accident and incident reports
The ScoutSafe Committee meets at least 4 times per year, including teleconference. Committee members are expected to attend a minimum of 80% of meetings.
Candidates should have experience in one or more of these areas:
- Relevant law
- Health and safety
- Risk management
Prior knowledge of Scouting is well regarded, however the committee values the perspective that independence can provide and has roles available for individuals with limited Scouting background. Applicants both with and without Scouting knowledge are encouraged to apply. Additionally, young adults are encouraged to apply in line with WOSM Policy.
What to do
For more information about Scouts Australia NSW please visit http://www.nsw.scouts.com.au
Interested parties should send their expression of interest and CV to the State Commissioner Risk Management, Health and Safety, Warren Goodall at