There are some things that you can do to improve your chances of securing funding.
- Decide what you want to do – have a clear project plan.
- Identify sources of funding – check the Internet, local community newspapers and magazines, and the national press for advertised grants.
- Target your application – check what type of submission is required, talk to the funding agency for more information, read the guidelines thoroughly and strictly adhere to the deadlines.
- Research your submission – assess community needs, locate data and information to support your request, get accurate costings, and canvass local community and political support for your project.
- Take care with presentation – be clear and concise, avoid using jargon, and structure your submission so it's easy to follow.
- Follow-up and support your submission – make sure it has been received and record all contact with the funding body.