These documents are intended to be downloaded to be read by Members.
Please do not store copies on your computer. Copies become invalid immediately once documents are revised.
For policies and procedures, click here.
A - H
- Award Resources
- Brand Manual
- Charitable Fundraising
- Emergency Lighting and Exit Signage for Scout Halls (For more information on this policy contact the Scouts NSW Property Dept. on 9735 9000)
- Family Support Fund - Information for Leaders
- Family Support Fund - Group Leader Reference Form
- Family Support Fund - Information for Rover Crew Leaders
- Family Support Fund - Rover Crew Leader Reference Form
- Financial Statements (For the year ended 31 March 2023)
- Fire Safety and Amenity Code for Scout Halls
- Guidelines For Local Political Engagement Factsheet
Q - Z
- Registering a Motor Vehicle or Trailer in the name of the Association
- Registering a Vessel in the name of the Association
- Scouts for Refugees - Group Leader Reference Form
- Social Media Guidelines
- Welcome to Scouting Pack (a guide for parents and caregivers)
- WHS Volunteers Guide (Safe Work Australia)
- WHS Legislation (Safe Work NSW)
Registering a Motor Vehicle or Trailer in the name of the Association
Registering a Motor Vehicle in the name of the Association should be easy when you are equipped with the correct documentation.
All you need to do is print the appropriate documents (below), arrange for your Letter of Authorisation and take the documents and the renewal notice to your local RMS office.
Checklist of Documents:
- Letter of Authorisation to the RMS from NSW State Office showing your vehicle registration number and the name and Driver’s Licence number of the person authorised to make the transfer.
- Please email the Member Experience Team with the following details to arrange a personalised letter with your group’s information to be emailed to you:
- The Registration number, VIN, Name and license details of the person who will be taking the trailer to be registered, and the address of the Group.
- Printout of the ABN information.
- Copy of the Duties Exemption for Motor Vehicles.
- Extract of the Parliamentary Act of Incorporation
- Transfer form from the RMS. Then email [email protected]
- RMS Policy Pages referring to Scouts NSW.
If your Group does not have an RMS Customer Number, please ask the Customer Service Officer serving you to create a new customer number for your specific group.
Please do not allow vehicles to be registered in a Member of your Group’s name on behalf of the Scout Group at their personal address. Should you have any issues in registering your vehicle please contact Mel Dimmock at NSW State Office on (02) 9735 9000 for advice and assistance.
Registering a Vessel in the name of the Association
Registering a vessel in the name of the Association should be easy when you are equipped with the correct documentation. All you need to do is print the appropriate documents (below), arrange for your Letter of Authorisation and complete the documents and send to the Head Office of NSW Maritime Services – the address of which is included in the letter.
Checklist of Documents:
- Application Registration. Click HERE to download
- Boat registration Letter. Click HERE to download
- TCC Endorsement. Click HERE to download
- DGR Endorsement. Click HERE to download
- Duty Exemption RTA. Click HERE to download
- Printout of the ABN information. Click HERE to download
- Extract of the Parliamentary Act of Incorporation. Click HERE to download
The boat must be registered for Commercial Registration and if you look at the attached form, there is the probability that the registration would be “gratis”.
The person making the application on behalf of the Association needs to fill out the attached forms (the bolded bits) and email to [email protected]. It will then be put on letterhead, signed and a colour copy will be sent back to the applicant for inclusion with the application.
Should you have any issues in registering your vehicle please contact Tracey Hansford at NSW State Office on (02) 9735 9000 for advice and assistance.
Nominating a Person for an Award within the Order of Australia
The Order of Australia is the principal and most prestigious means of recognising outstanding members of the community at a national level. Nominations are encouraged from all members of the Australian public.
Please note, as of July 14 2023, all nominations for Australian Honours and Awards must be submitted through an online portal. Users will log in, complete and submit nominations, and be able to monitor the status of a nomination from submission to completion. To read more, click here.
The Scouts NSW Civil Awards Committee has prepared a number of guides to assist individual Members and Regions in the securing of awards within the Order of Australia. These guides can be accessed below (please note the guides are now under review following the nomination process changes from July 14 2023):