The Region Commissioner (RC) is the volunteer member responsible to the Deputy Chief Commissioner (DCC) Operations for providing effective leadership to the Region and strategic and operational support of Districts and Groups in the areas of governance, compliance and management of Groups/Units and the delivery of the Scout Youth Program.
Key to the RC’s role is the development and sustainability of Scouting in the Region and making it easier for Scout Groups to deliver the Scout program and grow.
While carrying out the responsibilities of the role, the RC will always uphold the purpose, principles and values of Scouts Australia, will adhere to the Adult Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics, will abide by WOSM, National and State policies and will behave in accordance with the Scout Law and Promise
Scouts NSW is seeking applications for three Region Commissioner roles:
- Hume Region
- South Coast & Tablelands Region
- The Golden West Region
The RC, as with every member of the Region uniformed team, must have a proven capacity to deliver outcomes and be a self-starter with capacity to work without close supervision.
- A personal commitment to the Aim and Principles of Scouts Australia, and an ability to convey a positive and constructive image of Scouting and reinforce the fundamental importance of the Scout Promise and Law
- High levels of personal motivation, organisational skills and acceptance of responsibility and accountability for outcomes, ability to support a positive and enabling culture
- A self-starter with capacity to work without close supervision, especially in a volunteer
- Ability to contribute productively, acting respectfully and with thoughtfulness to all members demonstrated through commitment and adherence to the Scouts NSW Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics
- Positive support of the current strategic direction of Scouts NSW
- A demonstrated understanding of Scouting
- Demonstrated strong leadership, liaison, communication and teamwork skills
- Proven record of accomplishment in leading large and matrixed teams
- Effective in implementing significant organisational change
- Sound, evidence-based judgement, and accountable decision making
- Ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders and teams
- A commitment to growing membership within the Region
- A working knowledge of Child Protection policies and procedures in NSW
Full details of key responsibilities for these roles and the selection criteria are detailed in the position description here.
Applications, including resume and cover letter outlining experience and qualifications should be sent to [email protected]
Applications close Monday 30 May 2022.