The State Leader (Arts & Literature) is a member of the Educational Support team within the Youth Program and Support portfolio, responsible for promoting arts and literature to members of the Scouting community.
The State Leader (Arts & Literature) will support the work jointly with Arts and Literature Leads and with the salaried Members Services staff team to identify opportunities for member recruitment and retention.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the support of the Arts and Literature Program areas of the Youth Program across the State
- Providing age-specific Arts and Literature support and resources to the Regions, Groups and Units
- Facilitating workshops to adults and youth members on the areas of Arts and Literature
- Build a community of champions (adult and youth) to promote and support Arts and Literature activities
- Identify non-members or organisations who can contribute to providing resources, support or training for Arts and Literature activities within Scouting.
- Take an active role in Gang Show performances and set up to ensure best practice in areas such as finance, resources, costumes and general expertise
This position is open to any member or supporter who has an associated area of expertise or interest and who believes they can make a positive difference to Scouting in NSW.
Read more about the State Leader (Arts & Literature).
Submit your Expression Of Interest here.