- This event has passed.
CLOSED: Scouting Adventure (all Leaders of Youth including Rovers) – Tamworth Hillvue Scout Hall, Tamworth
November 25 to November 26
Closing date: 3 November 2023
Cost: $90.00 (Residential and self-catered)
Note: Overnight stay in your own hike tent is a requirement of this course.
This course is the Scouting Adventure course that is required for all Leader of Youth and Rovers (for personal development) completing Phase one of the training program.
If you have completed a Basic Outdoor Skills (BOS) or equivalent, you don’t have to complete Scouting Adventure, but do stay up to date with changes to the youth program.
You must complete the following pre-requisites BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE COURSE:
- Individual Adult Volunteer Plan (IAVP) Phase 1 – New Leader form (For Leaders who have joined the organisation from 1st April 2022 )
(IAVP Phase 1 form can be found here under “Group Leader Resources”)
- Scouting Preliminary On Demand Training
- Scouting Essentials On Demand Training
- Scouting Essentials Practical Course – Not required if you have done BPS Sectional within 3 years
- Scouting Adventure On Demand Training modules (previously known as e-Basic Outdoor Skills)
This course is a self-catering course and leaders will need to bring their own hike (light weight) tent.
To apply, please complete the form below.
If you have experience in camping and bushwalking, including day walks, you could consider completing this via our Recognition of Proficiency (ROP) process.
To apply for a ROP workbook, you need to have completed the Scouting Adventure On Demand Training modules and complete the application here. The cost of the ROP is $45.
Due to Covid, course numbers are limited. Applications will be accepted in order received with preference given to those applicants having completed the pre-requisite above.
Course fees will be charged on enrolment to this course and please be aware that the course cancelation policy listed below applies.
Please contact training with any questions –
Phone: (02) 9735 9000
Email: [email protected]
The following cancelation policy is applicable to this training;
- Withdrawal before the Closing Date – Full refund
- Withdrawal after the closing date of the course – less $20 charge
- Withdrawal less than 5 days before the course – No refund
(Exceptional circumstances will be considered by your RCATD)
- The application must be completed by the applicant, or if under 18 years old, the applicant’s parent/guardian.
- Completed application and payment for full course fees must be sent directly to the Scouts NSW Training Team at State Office.
- Applications must be received before the closing date advertised in the Training Calendar.
- All prerequisites must be completed before applying and before the closing date.
- Your basic information may be shared with the Department of Communities and Justice for the purpose of grant reporting.
Register for this event
This course is no longer accepting applications. The 2024 calender will be released shortly.