Scouting Adventure (all Youth Program Leaders including Rover Scouts) – Bundilla Scout Camp, Winston Hills
August 17 to August 18
Closing date: 19-Jul-24
Cost: $90 Residential and self-catered
Note: Overnight stay in your own hike tent is a requirement of this course.
This course is the Scouting Adventure course that is required for all Youth Program Leader and Rover Scouts (for personal development) to complete their Certificate of Proficiency Youth Program Leader. If you are planning on becoming a Rover Unit Leader or Rover Advisor, you should complete the Program Support Leader pathway.
If you have completed a Basic Outdoor Skills (BOS) or equivalent, you don’t have to complete Scouting Adventure but do stay up to date with changes to the youth program.
You must complete the following pre-requisites BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE COURSE:
- Scouting Essentials Practical Course (or equivalent)
- Scouting Adventure On Demand Training modules (previously known as e-Basic Outdoor Skills)
This course is a self-catering course. Leaders will also need to bring their own hike (light weight) tent and all equipment required for a hike. Please note that you will not be hiking with all your equipment, only a day pack.
To apply, please click the link below.
If you have experience in camping and bushwalking, including day walks, you could consider completing this via our Recognition of Proficiency (ROP) process.
To apply for a ROP workbook, you need to have completed the Scouting Adventure On Demand Training modules and complete the application here. The cost of the ROP is $45.
Course numbers are limited. Applications will be accepted in order received with preference given to those applicants having completed the pre-requisite above.
Course fees will be charged on enrolment to this course and please be aware that the course cancelation policy listed below applies.
Please contact training with any questions –
Phone: (02) 9735 9000
Email: [email protected]
The following cancelation policy is applicable to this training;
- Withdrawal before the Closing Date – Full refund
- Withdrawal after the closing date of the course – less $20 charge
- Withdrawal less than 5 days before the course – No refund
(Exceptional circumstances will be considered by your RCATD)
- Applications must be received before the closing date advertised in the Training Calendar.
- All prerequisites must be completed before applying and before the closing date.
- Your basic information may be shared with the Department of Communities and Justice for the purpose of grant reporting.