Scouting Essentials (All Leaders & Rovers) – Tamworth Hillvue Scout Hall
May 4 to May 5
Closing date: 5-Apr-24
Cost: $110 residential and self-catered
The Scouting Essentials training is a hands on weekend where participants can apply skills learned from the On Demand Training in a facilitated environment. Scouting Essentials is the first step on your pathway to a Certificate of Proficiency.
If you have completed a Basic Training course within the last 3 years, you don’t have to now complete Scouting Essentials but do stay up to date with changes to the youth program.
You must complete the following pre-requisites BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE COURSE:
- Individual Adult Volunteer Plan (IAVP) Phase 1 (IAVP Phase 1 form can be found here)
- Scouting Preliminary On Demand Training
- Scouting Essentials On Demand Training
- Access to a copy of the New Program Handbook (available from the Scout Shop when signed in as a Scout member)
To apply, please click the link below.
Course numbers are limited. Applications will be accepted in order received, with preference given to those applicants having completed the pre-requisite above.
Course fees will be charged on enrolment to this course and please be aware that the course cancelation policy listed below applies.
Please contact Training with any questions –
Phone: (02) 9735 9000
Email: [email protected]
The following cancelation policy is applicable to this training;
- Withdrawal before the Closing Date – Full refund
- Withdrawal after the closing date of the course – less $20 charge
- Withdrawal less than 5 days before the course – No refund
(Exceptional circumstances will be considered by your RCATD)
- Applications must be received before the closing date advertised in the Training Calendar.
- All prerequisites must be completed before applying and before the closing date.
- Your basic information may be shared with the Department of Communities and Justice for the purpose of grant reporting.