- This event has passed.
CLOSED: Scouting Leadership (Advanced Training – all Leaders & Rovers) – Baden Powell Activity Centre, Pennant Hills
9 September 2023 to 10 September 2023
Closing date: 11th August 2023
Cost: $225 – Residential and Catered (Stay overnight onsite)
The Scouting Leadership training is a course where participants can build on the skills and knowledge gained from phase one of their training pathway and develop their skills in leadership and personal development.
During the course, each participant will be set a unique project to complete with specific aims and goals.
The Scouting Leadership training is a required component to complete phase two of your training pathway where Leaders will be issued with a Wood Badge Parchment, Wood Beads and the Gilwell Scarf.
These pre-requisites must be completed BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE COURSE:
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Scouting Adventure or equivalent for Youth Program Leaders who apply from 1st June 2022
- Individual Adult Volunteer Plan (IAVP) Phase 2 – Certificate of Proficiency form (For Leaders who apply from 1st June 2022 )
(IAVP Phase 2 form can be found here under “Group Leader Resources”)
- On Demand Scouting Leadership (Please complete all available modules
To apply, please complete the form below.
Due to Covid course numbers are limited. Applications will be accepted in order received with preference given to those applicants having completed the pre-requisite above. Course fees will be charged on enrolment to this course and please be aware that the course cancelation policy listed below applies.
Please contact training with any questions –
Phone: (02) 9735 9000
Email: [email protected]
The following cancelation policy is applicable to this training;
- Withdrawal before the Closing Date – Full refund
- Withdrawal after the closing date of the course – less $20 charge
- Withdrawal less than 5 days before the course – No refund (Exceptional circumstances will be considered by your RCATD)
- The application must be completed by the applicant, or if under 18 years old, the applicant’s parent/guardian.
- Completed application and payment for full course fees must be sent directly to the Scouts NSW Training Team at State Office.
- Applications must be received before the closing date advertised in the Training Calendar.
- All prerequisites must be completed before applying and before the closing date.
- Your basic information may be shared with the Department of Communities and Justice for the purpose of grant reporting.
This course has now closed and is no longer accepting applications. Future course dates can be found in the Training Calendar here