Scouts NSW are delighted that four of our past Leaders were recognised in the Queen’s Birthday Order of Australia Honours List:
Jamie Clark OAM of Merimbula “For service to youth and to the community”
- Jamie was the Group Leader of 1st Merimbula Scouts until his retirement in 2021. He was a Trainee Scout Leader, and received his 25 year service medal in 2017.
- Jamie has been extremely active in a range of other community roles including:
- Apex Merimbula District Governor 1988-89, President 1986 – 87, and was appointed Life Member in 1985
- NSW Parks and Wildlife Service (former volunteer).
Moira Franklin OAM of Gleniffer “For Service to the community of Gleniffer”
- Moira was the Group Leader Bellingen for 20 years, and a Venturer Scout Leader for 15 years.
- Moira has also been very active in a range of other community roles, including with the Gleniffer Community Church, Gleniffer Hall Community. Association and the Returned and Services League.
- In 2019, Moira was named on the Hidden Treasures Honour Roll.
Robert Smith OAM of Empire Bay “For Service to Veterans and to the Community”
- Among his many community roles Robert was a member of Scouts NSW Point Clare and Ettalong from 1978 – 1982.
- Other roles included:
- Committee Member, 21 Construction Regiment Association, and Sergeant Major Parades and Commemoration Services.
- Member Australian Army Reserve
- Life Member Gosford District Rifle Club
Adrian Walsh OAM of Bruce, ACT “For Service to youth through Scouts"
- Adrian has served as an Adult Member for 55 years across 3 Branches (Scouts NSW, Scouts Victoria, and Scouts ACT) He was awarded the Silver Emu in 2000
- Adrian has been an active Member of a number of National and Branch Committees and has held various Leadership roles in these Branches.