The Stronger Communities Program provides each of the 151 Federal electorates with $150,000 to fund a maximum of 20 small capital projects of up to $20,000.
Federal Members of Parliament identify potential projects through an Expression of Interest and community consultation process and invite applications from their electorates.
If you haven’t been sent an EOI form by your Federal MP’s Electorate Office, please contact them to obtain the form.
We encourage you to put eligible projects forward including:
- Fit out, alterations and/or extensions to existing premises e.g., air-conditioning, kitchen upgrades, TVs, furniture, fixtures and fittings, painting
- Acquisition and installation of equipment, including ICT hardware and associated operating software and initial user licenses
- Modifications and refurbishments to leased buildings or grounds, providing approval has been given by the owner
- Upgrades, construction and fit-out of community spaces, e.g., men’s sheds, community centres, scout halls etc.
- Development or upgrade of bike paths, streetscapes, skate parks or community gardens
- The purchase of musical instruments, sports equipment and uniforms that remain the property of the organisation
- Upgrade of facilities to provide inclusive access
- Upgrade or installation of park furniture including shade/shelters, BBQs, toilet facilities, drinking fountains
- Acquiring vehicles and trailers (and their modification) for community transport/services, surf lifesaving, medical transport
Click here for more information about the program.
Successful nominees will be invited to a formal application by the Department in December 2021.
If there are any questions, reach out to your Federal MP Electorate Office or contact [email protected].