As of the 1st April 2018, Scouts NSW is offering Groups a training rebate for first time Leaders who complete Basic training within one year and Advanced training within three years from joining Scouts as a Trainee Leader.
The scheme aims to encourage Leaders to complete their Basic and Advanced Wood Badge training within specified timeframes at a reduced cost. There is a $45 rebate paid to the Group for a Leader completing Basic training within twelve months of joining and there is a $63 rebate paid to the Group for a Leader completing Advanced training within three years of joining.
How it works
On a monthly basis, Group Leaders will be notified of members who are eligible for the Training Rebate. They can then complete a Training Rebate Confirmation form on CareMonkey which will sit in the form library.
- The Training Rebate Scheme only applies to first time Leaders who have joined after the 01st April 2018.
- Eligible Leaders must be aged 18 or above.
- The agreed start date will be the date that members are cleared.
- Given that youth members will already have access to eLearning through Scout Central, the agreed start date for Rovers will commence on the members 18th birthday.
- For existing Adult Helpers & Supporters who decide to embark on leader training for the first time, the start date will be the date the member becomes a pre-applicant on ScoutLink.
- The COAL must be issued within twelve months of the start date.
- The Wood Badge must be issued within three years from the start date.
- Rovers completing Rover Basic Leader training will be ineligible for the rebate due to the already discounted rate of the course.
- The rebate does not apply if discounted courses were used as part of the training.
- The Training Rebate cannot be used if a member has utilised the Benjamin Thompson Fund to access course fee funding.
- The Training Rebate cannot be used if a member has utilised the Youth Leader Development Program to access course fee funding.
- Up to a maximum of 1 Basic and 1 Advanced rebate will be paid per Leader.
- If eligible, the rebate will be paid to the group who paid for the member to be trained.
Please Email [email protected] for further information in relation to the Training Rebate Scheme.