Step 1: Complete both pathways
Please note: you can choose to complete the pathways in either order, however, both need to be completed before you submit your Venturer in-service to your Region Office.
1) For this pathway, you will be required to complete e-learning modules which make up the ‘E-Basic Core’ and are completed by all leaders across the different sections. The E-Basic Core consists of the following eleven modules:
- How Scouting Began
- Basic Scouting Knowledge
- The USP of Scouting
- Basic Leadership
- Child Safe Scouting
- Introduction to the Patrol System
- Intro to Basic Leadership Training
- Basic ScoutSafe
- Personal Skills Development
- WHS and Scouting
- Elementary Navigation
2) After completing your E-Basic Core, you will be required to complete the following four ‘E-Basic Scout Sectional Techniques’ online modules:
- Basic Sectional Knowledge
- Basic Programming
- Basic Organisational Management
- Basic Outdoors and the Environment
3) After completing ALL e-learning modules, you will be required to attend the Scout Basic Practical Supplement residential weekend. This is a face-to-face weekend course where you will apply your skills and knowledge in a practical environment and meet fellow like-minded Leaders. To apply for the residential weekend, you will need to complete an L1 Training Course Application and submit this to [email protected]
1) For this pathway, you will be required to complete ten e-learning modules for Basic Outdoor Skills (BOS). These include:
- Demonstrate Navigation Skills in a Controlled Environment (Theory)
- Equipment for Lightweight Activities (Theory)
- Minimal Environmental Impact Practices
- Operate Communication Systems and Equipment (Theory)
- Interpret Weather
- Use and Maintain a Temporary or Overnight Site (Theory)
- Plan and Guide Outdoor Activities
- Responding to Emergencies
- Demonstrate bushwalking skills in a controlled environment (Theory)
- Group Facilitation
2) After completing the BOS online modules, you will be required to attend the Basic Outdoor Skills course. The Basic Outdoor Skills course is an entry level bushwalking weekend and can be completed by either attending a residential weekend or you can submit a Recognition of Prior Learning (ROP) for BOS if you have current skills and knowledge. To apply for the residential weekend, you will need to complete an L1 Training Course Application and submit this to [email protected].To submit your BOS workbook and evidence, please send this to [email protected].
Step 2: Complete Venturer in-service training
In-service is the ‘on-the-job’ component of your training. As part of your in-service, you will become an active member of your Venturer Group and shadow your current leaders.
In-service requires you to:
- Attend and minute meetings
- Program activities
- Program evaluations
After completing your in-service you will be need to complete the L10 Venturer In-Service form and submit this to your Region Office.
Step 3: Receive your Certificate of Adult Leadership
Once you have completed your Scout Leader Basic Training you will receive your Certificate of Adult Leadership at a group level. This is a Scouting document that gives worldwide recognition of the completion of Basic Adult Leader Training. Scouts Institute of Training (SAIT) offers the Certificate III in Business which closely aligns with Basic Training. If you are interested and wanting to know more information, please click here.