Do I need to have anything ready before I complete the online A1?

We’re so glad you asked! To ensure you can complete the online A1 form as easily as possible, we recommend you have the following on hand:

  • A copy of your current Working With Children Check number and expiry date (or Working With Children Check application number). Scouts NSW requires all adults who attend any overnight Scout camp or activity, and all parents or guardians who attend overnight Scout camps and activities with their child, to have a Working With Children Check. You can apply for a Working With Children Check online via the Service NSW website here.
  • The names and contact details for two referees (other than relatives or members of the Scout Association) who may be contacted for a reference check.
  • If you have an external qualification such as a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) and/or First Aid Certificate, a copy of these certificates. (It is not mandatory to have these qualifications to become an Adult Member).

Leave a Reply