Type of Challenge:
This is an Individual challenge (some parental assistance may be required for the Bi-Carb soda).
- 1-2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- Cold water (at least equal to the amount of lemon juice)
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar (to taste)
- Measuring spoon
Using the recipe below make fizzing lemonade!
- Squeeze (and strain) the juice of one lemon into a glass
- Add 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- Give it a stir to really get the reaction happening!
- Add some sugar to water to taste and add to lemon mixture.
- Taste your lemonade!
Take a photo or video of the reaction and tell us; what you can notice? What can you feel on your tongue?