Step 1: Complete Advanced E-Learning modules
1) To start your Leader of Adults Advanced Training, you will be required to complete e-learning modules which make up the ‘E-Advanced Core’. You will need to complete these modules before attending the Venturer Advanced Practical Supplement residential weekend. The E-Advanced Core consists of the following modules:
- Intro to Advanced Leadership Training
- Advanced Personal Skill Development
- Advanced ScoutSafe
- Growing Your Group (compulsory elective)
- Programming for Personal Growth
- World Scouting & Cultural Diversity (compulsory elective)
2) After completing your E-Advanced Core, you will be required to complete the ‘Advanced Sectional Techniques Leader of Adults online modules. These include:
- Educational Methods of Scouting
- Advanced Leader of Adults
- The Fundamental of Scouting and the Leader of Adults Role
3)Leaders in all sections are also required to complete any two e-Learning electives that have not already been covered by Basic or Advanced e-Learning (this excludes the Patrol System which is embedded in E-Basic Core across all Sections and the two compulsory electives eWorld & eGrow).
You will need to complete ALL online modules before attending the Advanced Practical Supplement residential weekend.
Step 2: Attend the Leader of Adults Advanced Practical Supplement residential weekend
The Leader of Adults Advanced Practical Supplement residential weekend is where you will build on your skills and knowledge in a practical environment. On this course, you will be setting goals and aims that you will need to achieve as part of the Wood Badge project of approximately 10 hours.
By the end of the residential weekend, the following needs to be completed:
- The Wood Badge Goal Setting Sheet for the project
- The Commissioner’s Evaluation
Step 3: Complete the Wood Badge Project
To complete the Wood Badge Project, you will need to achieve the goals and aims you have previously set for yourself at the residential weekend. Your project will need to be signed-off by your Course Leader.
Step 4: Receive your Wood Badge
After completing your Leader of Adults Advanced Training, you will be awarded with your Wood Badge and become a part of the international membership of 1st Gilwell Park Scout Group. You will receive:
- The Wood Badge certificate
- The Gilwell Scarf
- The Wood Beads
Scouts Institute of Training (SAIT) offers the Certificate IV in Leadership & Management which closely aligns with Advanced Training. If you are interested and wanting to know more information, please click here.