NSW Rover Scouts are currently accepting applications for the role of State Adviser Rover Scouts.
The State Adviser Rover Scouts is the volunteer member who reports to the State Rover Council Chair and plays a key role in supporting the successful operation of the Rover Scout Section at a State level. The role primarily provides advice and support to the State Rover Council Chair in their role as the State Commissioner Rover Scouts and the main Rover Scout contact and representative on the NSW State Team. In addition, the role provides support to the State Rover Council and the State Rover Council Executive as and when requested.
Interested candidates are invited to establish their claim to the position against nine essential criteria, as well as three desirable criteria:
- Proven track record of, or demonstrable capacity for, the facilitation of youth leadership and development
- Ability to facilitate the development of creative and innovative ideas for improving activity participation and training
- Strong organisation and communication skills using modern technologies, social media and traditional methods
- Demonstrated evidence-based judgement and accountable decision making
- Ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Proven track record of effective teamwork among young adults
- Positive commitment towards the implementation of the NSW Rovers Strategic Plan 2016-2020
- Wood Badge holder
- Not a member of the Rover section in the twelve months preceding your application
- Extensive prior experience as a participant in the Scouting educational program as a youth member and/or young adult
- Commitment to obtaining a Rover Wood Badge within 12 months of appointment, if not already held
- Experience in leading or facilitating young adults at major events
For more information please download the position description here.
Applications close 11 September 2020
Please email complete applications through to Ben Kuzma at [email protected].
If you have any questions about the position please email [email protected].