The benefits of becoming a volunteer Leader are limitless.
Scouting is dynamic and fun. As a Leader you will help to provide self development to young people through a variety of challenging, adventurous, achievement-oriented, teamwork and leadership-based experiences.
Scouting provides adults with an opportunity to lead and gain satisfaction working with young people and other adults; to make a direct positive impact on your local community and on the lives of young people.
Benefits of becoming a Leader include:
- Make new friends
- Stay fit and healthy
- Gain self confidence
- Travel nationally and internationally
- Learn new skills such as abseiling, canoeing, flying and gliding
- Earn proficiency badges
- Undertake leadership and development training
- Attend statewide training workshops such as the Konara, Seeonie and Mindari
- Perform in a Gang Show
- Join a formal peer network such as Scout Fellowship
Contact our membership hotline on 1800 SCOUTS (1800 726 887) or
about becoming a Leader.