Joey Scouts is the first section of Scouts and is for young people aged 5 - 8. A young person can join anytime after their 5th birthday, provided they are attending school full time.
The Joey Scout section focuses on fun and friendship and is a gentle introduction to a world of Adventures through Scouting. Joey Scouts can:
- Discover what challenge means for them
- Explore the world around them
- Start to be active in the community
- Share new adventures with others
- Start to develop outdoor skills
- Discover what teamwork means
- Begin to learn how to lead activities
- Participate in a Unit Council, supported by adults
Joey Scouts form small teams called a Patrol. Working together in your Patrol, you will discover lots of different, fun, exciting and challenging adventures outdoors.